If all goes well, I will be done typing this in 5 minutes, as I’m totally dead from running 8 miles and consequently gaining a blister the size of Texas on my left arch.
1. the $1 trillion plan. Dude.
“The Obama administration formally presented the latest step in its financial rescue package on Monday, an attempt to draw private investors into partnership with a new federal entity that could eventually buy up to $1 trillion in troubled assets that are weighing down banks and clogging up the credit markets.” NYT
2. Sweet online vintage boutique – eat that, ebay! (While not as widely used or known – yet – this is an online treasure trove).
For some reason, I love this. Me please!
3. Sweet La Perla ad.
4. Kermit, the new It fashion muse? (Taking the green revolution to a whole new level!)
Refinery29. From left: Louis Vuitton Fall 2009, Jean-Charles de Castelbajac, Terry Richardson (NYLON), and TopShop tee.
5. “Ingrid Sischy and Sandy Brant have just been named international editors at Russian Vogue and Vogue Deutsch; Robin Givhan of The Washington Post is relocating to DC from New York to cover Michelle Obama — she’ll continue a fashion-focused weekly column; and Teen Vogue senior fashion editor Aya Kanai is moving to LA” fashionologie
Eek! 2 mins over. Some random street style (JAK*JIL, Sart, etc…)
Heehee, puffy feathers!
Jacket + winning smile = cool 🙂
7. From NYT:
“After Michelle Obama planted the White House vegetable garden with some kids, she talked to reporters about something far more interesting: her clothes. She said Barack tries to monitor her fashion purchases.
“He’s always asking: ‘Is that new? I haven’t seen that before.’ It’s like, Why don’t you mind your own business? Solve world hunger. Get out of my closet.”
She teasingly imitated him: “You didn’t need any more shoes. The shoes you had on yesterday were fine. Why can’t you just wear that for the rest of the presidency?”
Barack may not understand that there is no “need” in “fashion,” but he redeemed himself. Take MObama’s gray metallic belt:
“Barack calls it my ‘Star Trek’ belt,” the first lady said in an interview this week. “He doesn’t understand fashion.”
Why, that sounds like something we would say! Barack, you are always welcome to guest-blog here, like Beyoncé just did.”
8. And oh, Agyness and Albert are no more. 😦
PS: Dang! 5 mins over.