Ah, another delayed post… I started this at 7, and it’s 10 now. (I found Blazing Saddles on AMC… truly hilarious movie. Really.)
A few things:
– Greenland is mad at Peter Jensen for featuring their traditional kamik boots (more than slightly altered, of course) in his fall collection. It’s gotten as far as death threats. Who knows why?
Peter Jensen // Fall 2009. See the boots?
– New Trend: Matador? (Although I’m not sure how many fashionistas will find themselves facing rampaging bulls in the city streets on a day-to-day basis…)
Fendi & LV. (See also Antonio Berardi) Via Refinery29.
– Trend: retro-inspired pinup styles.
Cute or sexy? Or – better yet – both?
Following through with that same era, POLKA DOTS are all the rage. If you’re into polka dots, time to bulk up your already dotty wardrobe. If not, maybe have a few spots of dots… but don’t overdo it.
These sheer nude polka-dot socks are pretty sweet, though.
Creepy or functional? The Japanese have come out with a fully automatic, average-sized model (which, as The Cut points out, makes it a perfect candidate for ANTM this season!) Watching the video is really cool, but simultaneously creepazoidal (creep-a-zoy-dal: really really creepy. As in, “Zoinks, Scoob!” Ah, the good old Scooby Doo days, way back when.)
Via The Cut.
Our leading lady Coco has pulled off an amazing feat for any normal redhead – but this is Coco we’re talking about. And I’m talking about her wearing hot pink pants and looking good.
…why do so many people seem surprised by it? It’s Coco Rocha, for god’s sake. She could look gorgeous wearing a paper bag.
Via The Sart.
Need to make your life a little better? Brighter? Happier? Sexier? Throw on a pair of heels and take a gander at these: Anna Selezneva’s recent photo shoot with Hedi Slimane. Definitely not just for the runway anymore.
Trouble is, the make the reader (moi!) feel totally inadequate and frumpy. Oh well.
Random cool street chic look (love the colours):
– The main Weeks may be over, but LA (despite it’s downplayed role) seems to be doing just fine. Read all about it.
– Julia Restoin Roitfeld: not just the daughter of a famously chic and gorgeous and influential, etc… woman. She is her own chic and gorgeous self. Article here.
Hmm, sorry for the obvious lack of pictures here. I’m sleeeeeeepy. Bedtime!
In closing, the Shoe du Jour:
From JAK&JIL, the Louis Vuitton ‘SPICY’ has been deemed The Shoe of the Season. Yesssss!
Mmm, definite shoe porn. On that note, g’night!